Open from sunrise to sunset Closed on Tuesday
Citizens of India and visitors of SAARC (Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Maldives and Afghanistan) and BIMSTEC Countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Myanmar) - Rs. 10 per head.
latitude : 19.862699510 longitude :75.398101810
Corporation : Aurangabad
GPS Code : VAAU
The Ajanta Caves were carved in the 2nd century BC out of a horseshoe-shaped cliff along the Waghora River. They were used by Buddhist monks as prayer halls (chaitya grihas) and monasteries (viharas) for about nine centuries, then abruptly abandoned. They fell into oblivion until they were rediscovered in 1819.
The Ellora Caves, known locally as "Verul Leni' is located on the road Aurangabad-Chalisgaon at a distance of 30 km to the north-north-west of Aurangabad, the headquarters of the district. The name itself Ellora inspires everyone as it represents one of the largest rock-hewn monastic complex of temples in the world. Ellora is also famous in the world for the largest single monolithic excavation in the world, the large cave Kailasa (16). The vi
Daultabad Devagiri Fort, 11km north-west of Aurangabad, is a famous for its great hill fort. The fort is located on a hill isolated conical rise abruptly from the plain to the height of about 190 meters. The fortification consisting of three concentric lines of walls with large number of bastions. The outstanding features of the fort are the moat, the escarpment, and the sub-mediterranean passage, all hewn from solid rock. The upper outlet of t