latitude : 22.654699330 longitude :88.446701050
Corporation : Kolkata
GPS Code : VECC
Rani Rashmoni was the founder of the Dakshineswar Kali Temple, Kolkata, placed near the river hooghly. and remained closely associated with Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa after she appointed him as the priest of the temple. 9 ornate spires top this riverside red and cream 1800s temple, with shrines to Krishna and Vishnu.
The Victoria Memorial is located in the city of Kolkata in West Bengal.lt is a large marble building in Kolkata, which was built between 1906 and 1921. It is dedicated to the memory of Queen Victoria.The Victoria Memorial blends the best of the British and Mughal architecture. The Victoria Memorial hall was built with white Makrana marbles. The Prince of Wales laid the foundation stone of Victoria Memorial in 1906 and it was inaugurated in 1921
The Indian Museum is located in Chowringhee on Jawahar Lal Nehru Road in Kolkata.It was establisher in 1814 and it is considered the 9th oldest museum of the world.The Oldest Museum in India. Founded by the Asiatic Society of Bengal, the Indian Museum is the oldest and the largest multi-purpose museum in the entire Asia-Pacific region of the world.
Howrah Bridge is an iconic landmark of the city of Kolkata. On River Hooghly, the bridge plays the role of the gateway to Kolkata, as it connects the city to the Howrah Station. Howrah Bridge tops the list of places to see in the city.Kolkata was declared the capital of India by the British and remained so till 1911. The railway station at Howrah set up in the year 1906 and the bridge thus served as the logistic link with the country's one of
Bandel Church is one of the oldest Christian churches in West Bengal, Situated in Bandel, Hooghly district of West Bengal. Founded in 1599, it is dedicated to Nossa Senhora do Rosário, Our Lady of the Rosary. Vasco da Gama reached the West Coast of India the Portuguese started making their inroads into Bengal. Soon settlement started growing up along the rivers and the area around present day Hooghly became the Portuguese stronghold. By 1599 a